Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents

Depending on the case, you may be able to receive money for different damages or injuries caused by a car accident. This may include economic and non-economic damages, including: medical expenses, future medical care or treatment, damage to your vehicle, personal property damage, lost wages, future loss of earning potential, pain and suffering, and psychological trauma. To find out about your particular claim, we recommend talking to a Oregon car accident lawyer at our law offices. We represent clients throughout Oregon and have offices in EugeneBendMedfordGrants PassRoseburg& Portland.

Yes, in some situations, you don’t need an attorney. If you are not seriously hurt and your medical expenses are low, you are probably ok handling the claim on your own. However, you should still give us a call to run your situation by us, We will let you know if you don’t need us and offer some tips on handling the claim on your own.

Oregon is a "modified comparative negligence" state. Under Oregon Revised Statutes section 31.600, this means that you can still recover damages in a car-accident-related lawsuit, but your award will be reduced according to your share of negligence, as long as that share was not greater than that of other parties. This is one of many reasons we find it so important to involve a car accident lawyer to help with your case.

Keep in mind that if your level of fault exceeds that of the other party (or parties), you'll be barred from recovering anything at all under Oregon law.

The comparative negligence rule binds Oregon judges and juries (if your car accident case makes it to court), and it will also guide a car insurance claims adjuster when he or she is evaluating your case. Also keep in mind that since there is no empirical means of allocating fault, any assignment of liability will ultimately come down to your ability to negotiate with a claims adjuster or to persuade a judge or jury.

Our Firm has a team of experienced investigators who will visit the scene of the accident and collect time sensitive evidence. This is critical.

Yes. An attorney can help you file your insurance claim after a car accident in EugeneBendMedfordGrants PassRoseburgPortland or anywhere else in Oregon. An attorney can also help you in negotiating with the insurance company to resolve your claim and secure a fair settlement on your behalf. Sometimes insurance companies may offer an unreasonably low settlement or may try to wrongfully deny or delay payment of a claim, and having a lawyer to protect your rights can help you avoid this. However, not all claims need attorney involvement. If the claim is minor you may be able to handle on your own, you can still call us for a free consultation to go over your rights.

Our car accident attorneys represent clients in all types of car accident cases throughout EugeneBendMedfordGrants PassRoseburgPortland and the surrounding areas. This includes car accidents involving motorcycles, pedestrians, trucks and bicycles, as well as vehicle rollovers, head-on collisions, rear-end accidents and side impact crashes.

Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis for car accident cases, meaning you pay nothing unless we are successful in securing a settlement or jury award on your behalf. Our fee is never more than the client receives. Our experienced personal injury attorneys have a 98% success rate. We strive to provide exemplary legal services and we are firmly committed to maximizing settlement values so that our clients can focus on recovering and taking care of their families.

We recommend contacting a lawyer as soon as possible after a car accident. To help ensure that your claim is properly handled and your interests protected in this difficult time, it is helpful to have a legal professional at your side from the very beginning.

Injured in an Accident? Get a Free Case Review

Personal Injury Attorney

"We leave no stone unturned to get you the settlement you deserve." - Roy Dwyer